Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'll think of a clever name LATER!

Dear Fall Funk,


I really don't like you.  If it weren't for Winter Inversion, you'd be my least favorite seasonal event ever.  Take a lesson from Summer Fun .  Or even Spring Seasonal Allergies.  I hope I give you a complex, you big jerk.

Hugs,


Meegan

***And now for something completely different***

My friends are a motley crew.

And she's the GOOD influence in my life.  I'm doomed.


 Mollee and her Smurf-a-Day eating habit are nothing, though, when compared to my friend, April, who enticed me to join a cult.  "Come and eat dinner, spend time with the girls and get away for a few hours,"  she said. 

So I did.

And then I joined a cult.  And, let me tell you, I'm a Mormon...wait...a Latter Day Saint (GAH!).  Anyways, I know my cults.  I should have seen it coming.   Especially when she yelled, "You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..."

Except replace "Sicilian" with "Mormon."  And replace "death" with "bunco." 

But that's just semantics.  I'm pretty sure my (now) fellow cult members take bunco a lot more seriously than the threat of death.  I have never seen such intensity.  At least, not outside of Las Vegas. 

Imagine a table with four women hunkered down over it, rolling dice as though their lives depended on it.  Dice were prematurely grabbed.  Hands were slapped away.   Stuffed animals were thrown.  Tears were shed.  And tomorrow, they'll go back to their normal lives as moms and teachers and therapists and pretend that NOTHING HAPPENED and that they are PERFECTLY NORMAL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 

But I know the truth.  And I'm in trouble, because I just happened to agree to sub on the night they drew for hosting duties for the coming year, and got suckered into being a permanent member of the group.

April, you're a bad influence.  You were there when I pierced my ears.  And then when I finally succumbed to peer pressure and joined my first bunco group.

(dramatic reenactment:)

Me:  This is madness!

April:  Madness?  This is Bunco!

I guess I should be glad she didn't kick me into a well at that point...

***And now for something completely different***

Pictures of the cutest Two-th year old EVER:

We could have given him only the balloons and he would have been perfectly content.

But some of our friends got him bubbles, and that pretty much made his year.  
A few days later was Jon's 36nd birthday.  Like I need a bad influence in my life.  I'm my own worst enemy.  I giggled for hours after this one, folks.  Because apparently, I"m easily amused.


 Some of Gabriel's gifts inspired the BEST.  FAMILY HOME EVENING ACTIVITY.  EVER.






Awwwwww, yeah.

Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the homemade Angry Birds game. You guys are geniuses. I want that Angry Birds green pig tuke. But when would I ever wear it in St. George???

    I'm sad that I missed Gabriel's 2th birthday. (Please tell me that banner wasn't made in the U.S....please. I'm thinking China?)

    Finally, have fun at Bunco, sucka!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...you have fallen! Glad to have you aboard tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meegan- MY Meegan is playing Bunco???
    Motherhood is affecting you. This is the daughter
    who originally was going to study to be an
    aeronautical engineer.
    I applaud you Meegan.
    The pig is cute BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree she is really a bad influence I think we are in agreement for once :)

    ReplyDelete