Friday, January 15, 2010

Not TOO disturbing...

Casey, being a thoughtful brother-in-law, let me borrow the first three seasons of 24 to watch while I'm up late at night with Gabriel.


Casey must die.

The stupid show is addictive. To be fair, I can usually walk away during the first four or five hours of the "day." The last four or five...well, the boys have to fend for themselves. It's a good thing Gabriel can eat while I watch TV...

Yesterday I got the idea to do a 24-style blog entry, but with minimal swearing and torture. I have school-aged boys with homework and chores to do, so keeping it torture-free was an unrealistic goal. Also, I'm sleep deprived and hormonal, so that meant "no swearing" was also an unrealistic goal. At best, I figured I'd keep the incidences of swearing and child-torture separate.

Starting yesterday at noon, I kept track of what I was doing every hour. Someday, I might actually turn it into the blog I intended it to be. For now, though, I just have to share the shocking realization that I came to late last night. Almost as shocking as when you realized that NINA was the MOLE, for crying out loud.

Here it is:

I HAVE A DISTURBING NUMBER OF THINGS IN COMMON WITH YOUR AVERAGE JUNKIE.

Don't believe me? Here's my proof:

1. I'm hyper-irritable. Just ask my poor husband and sons.
2. My eyes are always bloodshot.
3. I bathe infrequently.
4. I wear stained, vomit-covered clothes.
5. My hair is falling out.
6. My house resembles a disaster zone.

I came to this realization when I was gnawing on a log of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough like a crazed beaver in the wee hours of the morning.

I need to seek help.

After I finish this log of cookie dough...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Meegs dont't worry..
    1.not all of your hair will fall out. I promise.
    2.you will let go of the 24 ball and chain... soon.
    3.there is nothing wrong with you - you are a new mother.
    4.was the cookie dough good?
    5.WHERE IS THE BOMB!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUNKIE!!!! This is truly funny Meegan. I laughed pretty hard at this! I laugh because I relate.

    AND just when you think Nina is gone...she comes back. Wait for it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monna is right. Nina is like a bad penny.

    That's pretty funny. I never noticed how similar mothers of newborns are to junkies. Spooky.

    Yeah, Casey got us hooked on 24 too. When we borrowed it DJ actually pulled an all-nighter once watching it. I finally crashed around 2 a.m. and when I woke up around eight I could hear the clock ticking sound from the living room. You know, "Boop-BEEP-boop-BEEP..." It sucks you in.

    ReplyDelete