Sunday, May 13, 2012

I know why animals eat their young (a mother's day post)

It's because they tattle. Or shove their dirty socks in between the couch cushions for me to find a week later. Or--my personal favorite--they literally rip open the bathroom door, splintering the door jamb, and causing me to have to teach them HOW TO CLOSE A DOOR CORRECTLY (turn the doorknob, THEN close--or open--the door). FACEPALM. All of this is weighing heavily on my mind because the possibility of us moving to Mesa is becoming more, well, possible. As a result, we'll have to find new housing. And, since we aren't in a position to buy a house right now, we have to find a rental that will take dogs. Which I think is ironic (in the actual sense of the word), because our dogs have NEVER shattered a door jamb. Or dragged pointy bass endpins across wooden floors. Kids are infinitely more destructive than dogs. Truth.

 Speaking of landlords: the morons next door. Holy smokes. They've been in the house THREE DAYS, and we've already had four police units and an emergency response vehicle at the property, searching for blunts and empties while an angry dad held his sixteen year old daughter by the arm because the lovely tenants wouldn't let her leave (read: she didn't want to leave, so the neighbors refused the parents' entry). THEN the lovely neighbors came to yell at us for having the audacity to call their landlord. We've gone the rounds before with the landlord over the tenants next door, so when we had the aromatic smell of marijuana wafting into our bedroom Friday night, our joint (HA!) iron fist made an appearance. All of which has led me to the following conclusion: I would MUCH rather have a nice, openly gay couple living next door than those entitled meatheads. And let's not discuss the number of hits on the registered sex offender list that our block has, mmmmkay?

Yeah, Mesa's looking good.

 Some of you may be wondering why I haven't blogged lately. Or been on Facebook. It's because I turn into She Hulk and start raging. And I don't like it. So let's post some relaxing pictures of all the non-rage-inducing things my wonderful kids have done recently. They really are great. I just have rage issues. Here they are:

Please note the position of his feet.  Ladies and gentlemen, he has mastered the scooter.


Photobombed.  Go Manny.

Ethan ran a 5k at school a few weeks ago.  Go, Ethan!  Me?  I run around trying to keep Gabriel and Jamie from fighting.

David Tennant FTW.


Brothers don't shake hands.   Brothers gotta hug.
 Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. Totally awesome.

    Sorry about the pothead neighbors.

    I really hope Mesa works out for you guys.

    I love Manny's photobomb.

    Cute kids.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    (The internet brings out the Hulk in all of us, it's true.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics and you TOTALLY have to move to Mesa!!! And the neighbors who just want a little respect SUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is going to still happen right. We can't wait to see you and especially for when you move down!!! Remember not Mesa, but Goodyear:)

    ReplyDelete