Monday, October 18, 2010

The Reader's Digest version

I've decided to ignore my blogger's guilt and treat my blog like I do thank you notes:  stop whipping myself for the ones I didn't write and vow to do better.  And then blow it again inside of a month.

Sigh.

Being a typical Mormon woman, I can't completely ignore my Relief Society-induced "guilt over being human," so I'll give you the Reader's Digest version of the last few weeks' worth of blogs I didn't write. 

1.  Gabriel turned one. I didn't think you could get so dirty pincher-fingering a piece of cake, but there you go.


 

2.  Ethan decided he wants to be a "cake maker because they make people happy."  Kudos to Ethan for always wanting to make the world a better place, either through environmental awareness or not letting injustices pass unnoticed, especially if they favor Elijah.  Where was I?  CAKES!!! Ethan wants to make CAKES!  I let Ethan make Gabey's birthday cake.  It was his first gig...sadly for Ethan, it was all done pro bono:
3.  Jon's birthday.  He left the state so he could get some alone time, which is the only thing he ever asks for. Well, alone time and a non-scummy Super 8.  Keep dreaming on both counts, buddy! 

4.  Judging by this picture, I think Elijah may have joined al-qaeda.  He says he's a white ninja, but I just don't know....


Dear government watch dogs:  he didn't REALLY join al qaeda.  I just thought he looked like a terrorist in this picture.  Which he is NOT.  The only people who have to fear Elijah are the dads of the girls in his class. 

The end for now.  Check back soon to see how long I go before I abandon my resolution to keep my extended family better informed in favor of clean underwear.

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is LOL!!! Thanks Meegs for the laugh!!! I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the cake make it on Cake Wrecks?
    HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete