Sunday, May 23, 2010

A weekend by the numbers

1:  The number of movies I managed to SEE ALL OF in Gabriel's presence.  (Iron Man 2.  I really liked it.)

2:  The number of times the dogs woke us up after midnight last night because the new neighbors were having a raging kegger and it was offending their doggie sensibilities.  Actual quote from Maddie, the cranky Sheltie:  "Don't those people know WHAT TIME IT IS?!?!?!?!?!  GO TO BED!!!!!!"

3:  The number of  questionable haircuts I inflicted on my family today.  Also, the number of hours we managed to stay for church (see number 2.  We were exhausted, and for once it wasn't Gabriel's fault.).

4:  The number of dead skunks on the freeway on the way home from picking up the boys.  Apparently, the highway between Brigham City and Logan is where skunks go to die around this time of year.

5:  The number of ladies who looked at me in pity when Gabriel turned on his Howler Monkey Mode during Relief Society.  The kid has a set of LUNGS.  But I'm not going to lie...I was kind of glad for the excuse to wander the halls.

(6 through 19 are, frankly, boring...so I skipped them)

20: The number of sleeps until Lisa and Jim's wedding.  YAY!!!!! (and I'm not just excited because it means a camping trip at Lake Powell, but that doesn't hurt....)

And if you still need proof that vegetables aren't as peaceful and benign as they would have us believe, go here.  It's chilling, really.
 

1 comment:

  1. totally enjoyed your blog, homefry.

    especially because if anyone in the universe appreciates chuck norris jokes, i love them.

    and if they love the office, i adore them. quote that currently goes through my head like a mantra: creed saying "Swing low, sweet chariot."

    see? we're best friends forever.

    ReplyDelete