Monday, May 2, 2011

Ahhh...spring?


My sister is busy posting pictures like this:

Yeah, that's right, Elise.  I stole your picture.  I was motivated by jealousy.

I'm busy posting pictures like this:


BRRRRRRRRRR.  It's COLD today.

Yes, the SnoShack opened Saturday.  So the boys and I, along with the other residents of Hoth who are insane and/or in denial (and there are more than I thought), shivered in line at the Shack awaiting summer's first SnoCone.  True story:  it SNOWED on us on the way there, but we did not waver in our determination to enjoy a tiger's blood SnoCone...which DID NOT melt the way it should, by the way.  As it turns out, drinking melted SnoCone is an important part of the SnoCone experience.

If you're living with Elijah, here's the REST of the SnoCone experience:

1.  Take your SnoCone from the excessively happy teenage SnoShack operator.
2.  Immediately dump half of it down your little brother's back (so much for getting Gabriel a clear, non-staining flavor) (coconut).
3.  Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with your straw "on accident."
4.  Microwave your SnoCone for 10 seconds (EXACTLY 10 seconds) "because it's too cold!"  He does this with ice cream, too.  I know.  He's a weirdo, but he's OUR weirdo and I love him.
5.  Look at the puddle of melted tiger's blood juice in the microwave and all over the floor in utter confusion...think of Drew Barrymore and say, "Somebody ate my ENTIRE PIE!  I don't know how this HAPPENED!" (ok, that last part's me.  But it's equally applicable.)

Ethan's SnoCone experience is much less complicated:

1.  Spend an extra twenty-five cents on the flower cup.
2.  Call it "a collectible."  (FACEPALM!)
3.  Eat Gabriel's left over SnoCone (he's so good about taking the diabetes bullet for me!).

Gabriel whittled the process down even further:

1.  Take a bite of each flavor of SnoCone.
2.  Look at us in a way that manages to convey, "You guys are idiots.  It's 45 degrees out here.  Where's the hot chocolate?" (This could have been motivated by the tiger's blood SnoCone dripping down his back.  Maybe.)

Did I mention I got caught in a freak "spring" freezing rain/snow storm yesterday on my "get my blood sugar under control" walk? Spring, you're on report.  Summer, hurry up.


3 comments:

  1. Tiger's Blood snow cone? I'll have to find one and then eat it.

    I can't believe it's still so cold there. Sooooo glad I live in my little bubble right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....I love this post. I can totally picture this.
    I love your boys!
    AND I completely agree...Where is the warmth of spring I've been waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very interesting that as cold as it is that you guys are eating snow cones!! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete