Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Wednesday, Ethan asked if we could make cinnamon rolls on Saturday.  Because I like to make some form of bread (usually sweet and not good for you) during general conference to help keep me awake, I said sure.
Then I realized that would be a crazy amount of work, so we made these instead:


Those are Rhodes rolls dipped in butter and cinnamon/sugar, baked way too close together (my homage to monkey bread), and drizzled with cream cheese frosting (the kind that Dharma licked off Ethan's ninth birthday cake, daintily leaving the carrot cake underneath undisturbed, pyscho dog).  It was goo-ood.  Center of the cinnamon roll good.

My justification was that it was easy enough for Ethan to actually do himself, as opposed to actual cinnamon rolls, which would have entailed me spending hours making cinnamon rolls with Ethan occassionally asking if he could help and then running off to play video games after about five minutes.

Time to make cinnamon rolls:  4-5 hours.  Maybe even six.
Time to make devil bread (so dubbed because it tempts you and you CAVE): 45 minutes, including baking.

DEVIL BREAD FOR THE WIN!!!!!


Note the immaculate hair.  And impeccable Sunday dress. 

And now, the obligatory cute baby picture:


Happy Easter, all!

2 comments:

  1. I waaaant some of those cinnamon things. CUTE obligatory cute baby! (If you're going to have an obligatory one, good idea making him a cute one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz he takes after me. That's why he's so damn cute...err darn. We're working on not swearing around him

    ReplyDelete