Sunday, June 6, 2010

HAXXED!

This is Jon and I've haxxed my wife account to bring you news that she is too embarrassed to talk about. First is based off these two pics.




Yup, that's a sign that says "Parking Entrance" at the base of our drive. "But what the big deal, Jon," you might be asking? If you are LDS you might notice the style of of said sign. "Ah," you are now remarking to yourself, "I see. No wait, I don't. What's the big deal?"

Some of you might know my wife and know that she is a little up tight. Her first reaction was that someone would drive by and call the cops that we stole the Logan Temple parking sign (we do live on the main thoroughfare to said Temple). Now I know I didn't steal the sign, but rather found it as her and I were cleaning the garage yesterday. So I know the sign belongs to the house and we didn't steal it. I also know the Church uses a new font and this is an old font sign. We're safe.

I also think its pretty witty and its been up 24 hours and no cops have come nor have any college students or Temple Patrons parked in the driveway yet. She's still having kittens though...

Along with the witty sign, I have come up with a new game to play in sacrament meeting. Today was Fast and Testimony meeting (or as I call it Starve and Tell Your Story). Normally this meeting drives me crazy and I feign sickness on the first Sunday of every month. I have been trying to be better about my attendance so I usually ending up playing WoW in my head for an hour. I do get  points from God though cuz I'm at least in the building. Anyways, I have found a way to keep both adults entertained during the meeting and found a way to get kids to listen to the 20 minute long sermon from Sister Bertha who doesn't remember what day it is but does remember when Brigham Young taught her how to herd sheep in Illinois.

TESTIMONY BINGO! (copyright coming soon)

Listen for these key phrases and fill in your bingo card. The first to do so gets a double scoop of Green Jello with carrots when the family gets home

The center square is always "I'd like to bear my testimony"

Other mormonisms I have come up with include:

My heart is full, with every fiber of my being, my heart leap within me, I'm normally not so emotional, It's a privilege to stand before you, I love my (insert family, roomates, brothers and sisters, etc) so much, I want to let my (insert family, roomates, brothers and sisters, etc) know that I, I am so grateful that I don't belong to (insert any other sect), I know this church is true no matter what (ward, country, continent) you're in, I'm not sure I'm in this ward or not, I'm just visiting this ward, I told myself I'm wasn't going to do this today, and I love all of you so much.

I heard all of these today but I'm sure there are more. So let's hear them from you and list some in the comments. I'm also thinking of expanding the game for college single wards too!

1 comment:

  1. "I wasn't planning on doing this today," and its many variations--my favorite.

    That sign is pretty sweet. I like it. You best take it down before plowing season, though.

    ReplyDelete