Thursday, January 14, 2010

Instead of showering, I'm doing this

A few thoughts...




1. Gabriel currently has old man hair.



See? The top all fell out literally the day we came home from St. George for Christmas. All at once. It was horrific. It's starting to come back, and it seems to be like Jon's...I have my fingers crossed that it stays like that. Jon has good hair--thick, wavy, good color. If we have a daughter, I hope she has Jon's hair. Girls kill for hair like Jon's, which is totally wasted on a non-metrosexual male. Irony: if my kids have Jon's hair, that would mean that my stepsons will look more like me as far as coloring goes than my biological kids. It's a good thing Gabe has my nose or people would wonder.


2. After two days of ZERO sleep, unless you count a few 10 minute power naps between 7 AM and 11 AM (in the Haynes' swing--thank heavens for Elise's giving nature), we have finally accomplished....THIS!



Yep. Gabriel is asleep in his crib. HALLELUJAH!!!! You know what's even cooler? He slept for SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT the last two nights. Do you know what that means? It means I'm kinda coherent, that's what that means. Note that I didn't say "not cranky." I'm still cranky. I'm just aware of it now.

3. Vote: do you think Gabriel is wearing a dress in that picture? Jon and I argue about it. It's supposed to be a "wearable blanket," but Jon calls it his dress. I say, since the boy won't sleep under a blanket--I kid you not--and we live in freaking HOTH, it's a good thing I have a wearable blanket. Even if it does look like a dress.

4. Seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com. Awesome blog, although before I figured out that it's a satire, it had me wondering if I had totally misjudged Elise and the fact that she follows that blog meant that she was, in fact, one of those shallow St. George women who drive me crazy. Wow, run on sentence. Anyhoo, good news, she's not. I actually had Jon read a few posts to help me decide if it was serious or not. I think I was especially bothered by the Ruth stuff...being a Ruth put me on the defensive. :-) "A field trip instead of a vaycay..." heh heh heh. Now I've just decided it's ruddy hysterical and Elise, as suspected, is just funny and recognizes humor when she sees it. Note: there are blatant hints all over the site that it's a satire, but you know me...first get angry, then find out the facts...

Dang it...Gabe woke up. I was kinda hoping to sneak in a shower, too...oh, well. He wouldn't know what to do if his food train didn't smell like the swamp thing...

1 comment:

  1. You know what I LOVE about Seriously So Blessed? When real life TAMNs leave angry comments about how shallow and self-centered she is because they don't realize it's satire. HEE! You need to read her greatest hits. Sometimes it hits a little too close to home and I have to do some serious introspection. Sometimes I wonder, "Is it okay to make fun of people just because they're idiots?" Hmm. What else is there to laugh about?

    Also, YAAAAAY! Gabriel slept seven hours TWICE?! You're almost out of the woods! :)

    ReplyDelete