Friday, January 1, 2010

Well, that's the last of it.

Today I took down the Christmas tree and decorations.

I hate that. It's the start of JanuWeary. The closest thing to a holiday is Human Rights Day, and that one's...well, it's not Christmas.

I must say, Peter's minions fought their destruction tooth and nail. They were still there. In fact, the spider that taunted me back at the beginning of all of this was still there, defiantly waving his forelegs in the air from his perch on top of my star. Incidentally, the star is still outside, where I left it after seeing the thick web of spider nests. I'm killing those suckers with subarctic temperatures. Take that! I actually carried it outside pinched by my thumb and forefinger and held as far from my body as possible. I did everything except squeal like a little girl...on the outside. Not too sad...

At the end of the day, all that was left was a sad pile of pine needles on our living room floor (that hurt like heck to step on) and this:



Shudder. Peter, I wash my hands of you. I'm sorry I was so easily turned against you...

On a happier note, my boys are home again. They took advantage of the (neverending) snow, together with the nifty snowman kit my mom gave us for Christmas, to produce this:




Awesome, huh? Just wait until you see it in perspective, like this:


Yep, my boys go for GRANDUER. See the little...thing...below and to the right of the snowman? That's his carrot nose. They put it there to illustrate that he is a carrot farmer. heh heh heh. But, you will notice that our snowman follows the Word of Wisdom, and is NOT smoking the corncob pipe that also came in the kit.

Unfortunately, the seven year old is. He's quite enamored of it, actually.

OK, I have to run...computer emergency downstairs. More later...

1 comment:

  1. Look at all of that SNOW. Blech. Cute snowman, though. Now they need to make a little army of snow minions to attack him, like in Calvin and Hobbes. :)

    ReplyDelete