Friday, January 29, 2010

Random thoughts...brace yourself. Updated!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

1. The Malt-O-Meal company could significantly improve my standard of living by tipping the marshmallows-to-kibble ratio in Marshmallow Mateys more towards marshmallows. It would practically lead to world peace.

2. Alannis Morrisette got it totally wrong. Irony is when something you don't expect to happen, happens. The good advice that you just didn't take***? That's not irony. No one takes good advice. How else can you explain the federal government? Your 3 m.o. sleeping a solid eight hour block for the first time? Now, that WOULD be irony--on any day EXCEPT the one where you have to be out the door by eight AM (I'm spoiled 'cause there's only ONE per week, I know). The day you have to be out the door by eight, you can write "eight hour block of sleep for baby, starting at 2 AM" in ink in your planner (the night before). Totally predictable; hence, not ironic. Q.E.D.

2a. Corollary: "Baby will wake up just as you get home desperately hoping to be able to take a nap" is also NOT ironic. Again, that's just to be expected.

3. I can honestly say I didn't eat the whole log of cookie dough in 24 hours. (It took significantly less time.) (At least it was the small log.)

4. I may not be able to say that I ate the whole serving of vegetables, but at least I can say, with all honesty, that I COOKED IT. And nibbled at it. Around bites of cookie dough.

5. I'm glad I'm tall because, among other reasons, very few people can see the nasty splotches of bad highlights I created in my hair the other night. The ones who can are mostly men. And Mollee. The men won't know what they're looking at and Mollee will realize that's just classic Meegan.

That is all. For now.****

***You know how those really great zingers always come to your mind AFTER the fact? Here's another one: take this, Alannis...try SNOW on your wedding day. In a ruddy desert. OH YEAH!!! I lived it! And it WAS ironic, but only because it was in a desert. In the spring. HA!!!

****Jon says I sound bitter. Sorry. Just tired. I can't imagine how big a beast I was in Nov/Dec when I really wasn't sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. My literature professor gave us a 45 minute lecture on Tuesday about irony and she ranted (and RANTED) about how WRONG Alanis Morissette was. She has some serious issues (among others: 'Love Song' by Taylor Swift and Twilight, of course). I think you would get along swimmingly with her.

    Why don't they just sell bags of Marshmallow Mateys without the kibble? The could call them Marshmallow...Just Marshmallow. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete