Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm my own worst enemy

Guys, if the three stooges had a sister, it would be me.  And they wouldn't talk about me because I would be an embarrassment.  To the three stooges.

So I went to WalMart yesterday (let the games begin!).  WalMart itself was uneventful--it was PUTTING AWAY the groceries that did me in.

In the space of ten minutes, I:

--dropped the carton of eggs (not ONE even cracked.  That's some good structural design on the part of the egg carton engineer.  Or God deciding it would push me over the edge if physics remained constant and they broke.)
--accidentally rolled the bottle of apple juice across the kitchen floor.  It was like some strange and annoying version of curling.
--dropped the apples, which did a really good impression of a firework exploding
--stood up and hit my head on the open freezer door
--dumped out an entire WalMart bag full of groceries on the table (I still don't know how that happened)

THEN things got even better when, in an effort to reduce the number of places I had to go on errands, I had Ethan's prescription sent to the Smith's pharmacy (because it's the closest to our house), not remembering that already I had to go to WalMart AGAIN to have Ethan's glasses fitted. 

AND THEN while I was at WalMart, the glasses fitting went really fast, so I decided to get Ethan's "nice job not freaking out when they drew blood" treat at Smith's instead.  You know, while picking up the prescription.  Which was a great idea until I got to Smith's and realized that if I didn't need to get Ethan his Tough Guy Treat, I could have just gone through the drive through (and saved myself wrestling with the carseat again.  It bites, getting that thing in and out of the Lancer.  WAAAAH!  Cry, whiny spoiled American!)

Deep breath.

I'm not mad--or even frustrated--about this.  I think it's funny.  But here's the thing:  where the HECK did my brain go?  I swear I used to be slightly intelligent.  I still am, about things that have no bearing whatsoever on day-to-day activities.  For example, I can tell you why ice floats and why that's important to life on earth and how it's related to the fact that oil and water don't mix.  But organizing errands in an efficient and timely manner?  Forget about it. 

Also, I STILL can't remember the rules to canasta, even though my mom has explained them to me about ninety times.  My mom, who swears she isn't that smart but can consistently kick my trash at any card or word game.  Or would, if I would play with her (I'm a poor loser and I love my mom too much to play card games with her). 

So to sum things up because I need to go embarrass Ethan by volunteering in his classroom:

Meegan=clutsy
motherhood=brain cells make a run for it
Meegan's mom=awesome

And for those of you wondering why Ethan needed blood drawn and a prescription--remember the random, unexplained knee swelling a while back?  We're making sure it's nothing serious.  I'll keep you posted, but remember...no worrying before its time!

1 comment:

  1. My theory:
    Motherhood takes the brains cells that used to be applied to coordination and short-term memory and uses them for Not Lashing Out In Rage Due to Lack of Sleep. This is an important function.

    ReplyDelete