Monday, February 15, 2010

My favorite things (I had brownies for breakfast!)

I have a lot of rage issues.  As I furiously washed the dishes whilst staring at my "Kindness Matters" thingy, I decided I really need to work on letting it go, because I can't control what she does OR the level of crazy she inflicts on my family.  The judge says we have put up with it for the next eleven years (then it's sayonara, sista!).  All I can do is provide some damage control on a biweekly basis.  Also, I need forgiveness, too, and so hoping to see her fall on her face and/or get her just desserts is NOT spiritually healthy.  My "natural man" loves it, though. 

I DID figure out that I have three main strategies for dealing with discomfort:

1.  Cracking snarky jokes.  My labor and delivery nurse thought I was freaking hysterical.  As did the epidural guy, who apparently is a tough crowd all by himself.  Dee, the L&D nurse, said so.

2.  Full-blown rage blowouts. 

3.  Denial and avoidance.  

You'll notice that none of them actually resolve the issue.

Whatever.  I'm lucky to not spend car trips to Ogden thinking of biting, mean things to say and then making myself promise not to actually say them.

But for today, I've decided to go with strategy #3, denial and avoidance.  So here are...

MY FAVORITE THINGS (right now, at least)

Songs that are better than EVERY OTHER SONG ON THE PLANET:  Africa by Toto, Hotel California by the Eagles (mmmm....drugs), Overkill by Colin Hay (the acoustic version, not the original lame 80s version) and Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. 

Jack O'Neill.   As portrayed by MacGyver, whom I have forgiven for his mullet and earring. And that ridiculous bamboo airplane.

Justin Timberlake.  There.  I said it.   Watch this, put up with the commercial, it's worth it.
"It went away, and he's bringing it back!"  I wish I could find the Single Ladies skit...that was truly wonderful as well.

Chocolate cake.  Brownies count.

The Medela pump that I inherited from awesome Lisa because Carrie so thoughfully passed it on.  Just in time, too.

The glider that the Lamb's gave us.  TOTAL LIFESAVER.  Thanks, guys!

This post, which accurately describes my own relationship with the phone.  Embarrasssing, but true.

The fact that the Haynes family made it possible for us to not need to buy baby clothes unless we wanted to.

The Lightning Thief.   I love good books that are non-offensive.

And, of course, these are my very favorite things: Jon, Ethan, Elijah, and Gabriel.

I am very blessed.  I really need to not let old...stuff...wreck my current happiness.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment