Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have only myself to blame, but I'm still blaming Jon for it...

Gabriel has reverted back to his early sleeping habits.  This is not good, because--unlike NORMAL babies--Gabriel hates to sleep.  HATES. IT. After that first, blissful week of his life (where he slept most of the time), he spent the next two or three months sleeping about, oh, eight hours a day for no more than two hours at a time.  And it took some serious work to get him to fall asleep.  I was a zombie.  If he hadn't been growing so well--the kid was/is clearly thriving--I would have been in serious panic mode because, um...aren't aren't babies supposed to sleep about twice as much???  Apparently, Gabe didn't get that memo.

The good news is that Gabe will THRIVE in high school/college.   All-nighter?  NO PROBLEM!!!  I think I better have that "baby low jack" thing put in now so I don't have to wonder where he's at when he's using his powers for evil...

So...warning...I'm feeling pretty snarky today.  Personally, I think the Lord gives new parents an energy boosting angel to get them through those first few weeks--that's the only way I can explain surviving them.  Unfortunately, mine seems to have expired.  Or been reassigned.  Either way, very early this morning I was cursing my oh-so-happy and wide awake infant who, with his killer smile and generally cheerful attitude, was making me feel insanely guilty about being so cranky.  If I could have seen straight (enough to post anything, anyways), my facebook status would have been something like: "STUPID SHOULDER ANGEL!!!!  I don't want to look on the bright side of things!  I just want to be CRANKY!!!!"

Here are some of the things that, for some reason, I was really stewing over this morning:

--you can buy a Snuggie for your pet at WalMart.  REALLY????  This is necessary?
--the store formerly known as Albertson's sells organic pancake batter in a ReddiWhip-style can.  REALLY????  PANCAKES are too hard for you?  Not to mention...ORGANIC???  In a ReddiWhip can???? Come on!
--Smith's sells "Best Cinnamon Rolls."  I have two issues with this.  First, they obviously have NOT had my Aunt Jeannie's cinnamon rolls.  Second, that kind of implies that they also sell cinnamon rolls of lesser quality.  I was really looking forward to seeing the "Frankly, These Taste Like Crap Cinnamon Rolls."  Or maybe the "SUCKA!!! You bought THESE!!! Cinnamon Rolls."

I think Brian Regan said it best when he stated, "I give up on this species."  Maybe I'll feel better about everything with a few hours of sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment