Sunday, March 7, 2010

The one where I blow my sisters' cover.

My sisters used to make fun of me.  (MONNA!) 

I would be doing the dishes or cleaning the bathroom or some other worthwhile and helpful thing, minding my own business, happily listening to my walkman when, out of nowhere, BLAM!  My sisters would make fun of me.  (mostly MONNA, but sometimes LISA!)

Meegan:  (jamming) I have rooooaaaaaamed....I have...(mumbles)...I have scaaaaaled...these city waaaaalls...these city waaaaaalls....only to be with you....but I stiiiiill haven't foooooouunnnd...what I'm looking fooooor...

mostly Monna:  MEEGAN!  It's not a HYMN!  It's not supposed to sound GOOD! 

Meegan:  (indian burns Monna while sticking out and biting her tongue)

Lisa:  At least I am a horse!

Monna: (kidney punches Meegan)

Yes, my mean sisters used to make fun of HOW I SING.  Specifically, they used to sing my favorite songs with an obnoxious and inappropriate vibratto and then say that's how I sounded.  I think I still have a complex about it.

I don't know why they would do such a thing.  It's not like I was bossy* or mean or watched Star Track (heh).

OK, maybe I was a little bossy and slightly mean and actually read Star Trek novels.  But making fun of my singing?  RUDE!!!!  Imagine how they would react if they knew that a guitar has mysteriously appeared around our house...huh.  And just in time for our anniversary...and Jon knows its Hobby Adding Season...huh...weird...

At any rate, I've decided to take advantage of the Mystery Guitar and learn a few little ditties.  heh.  Guess what the first number will be...

drum roll, please...

THUNDERSTRUCK by AC/DC

(Monna rolls on the floor laughing)

And you all thought that U2 sounded funny when I sang it.  Brace yourselves.  Think of new ways to make fun of me (MONNA!).  And maybe buy some earplugs.  Because you're all about to be...THUNDERSTRUCK! (nah nah naaah nah naaaaaaah nah!)

*On the way home from a particularly fun day in nursery, I commented that I have never had a problem bossing around children when, from the back seat , Elijah said (very matter-of-factly), "TRUE!"  And then there was the time that Ethan told Elijah that he (Elijah) should dress up as me for Halloween so he (Elijah) could boss him (Ethan) around.  HMPH.

No comments:

Post a Comment