Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We are omnibussin', baby!

Many of you have asked me how I kept myself entertained during my recent knee-jerk drive to St. George.  By "many," of course, I mean "myself as I was talking to myself on said trip."  (talking to myself is one of the ways I entertain myself.)

So, without any further ado, here is....

The Complete Omnibus of How I Entertained Myself for Twelve Hours on the Road

Subtitle:  no snarky cracks about "maybe you should try PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD"  allowed

Q:  What is Eddie the iPod Imp's current favorite band?

A:  Judging by what kept coming up when I hit "shuffle," I would say Eddie's current favorite band is Van Halen.  Also, Eddie has pretty lame taste in music.  AND someone needs to tell him that it is NOT OK to follow up Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" with ANYTHING by Depeche Mode. The universe explodes when you do.  On a related note, you all can thank me for saving the universe AT LEAST TWICE during the last 48 hours.

Q:  What is your favorite game to play in the car?

A:  When traveling with the boys, my favorite game to play is called "Coming Up With Appropriately Dire Consequences For Bugging Your Brother."  When I'm alone, I like to play "Who the Heck is Listening to that on Their iPod?" (TM)  Nissan XTerra, I can't believe that a group of such granola-y people as yourselves would be listening to THAT, but you were the most likely perpetrators.  Thanks again for sharing.

Q:  What town has dethroned Fillmore's "You Have a Friend In Fillmore" town slogan as your new favorite?  Why?

A:  Parowan:  "Great Things Are Happening in Parowan" is my new favorite because Parowan ALSO boasts a billboard depicting an atomic explosion, thanks to the Parowan Prophet.  Great things ARE happening in Parowan.

Q:  If you were given an unlimited supply of red solo party cups, how would you use them?

A:  I would go to a freeway overpass and spell out "Take Luck" in the chain link fence.  That's something we all can enjoy, not just the recently-returned missionary, Elder McQueen, or Kay (who apparently is sweet sixteen).

Q:  Which coin makes you feel most like a pirate?

A:  The dollar coin, hands down.  They make me want to say, "Aaarr!"  I actually did at a convenience store.  The clerk didn't get it.  I couldn't decide who was more lame, her or me.

Q:  How do you react when you see cars coming from the opposite direction covered in snow?

A:  Remind myself not to take road condition advice from Canadian truckers.  Their idea of "icy road" is NOT mine.  You might as well ask an Ice Road Trucker.

Q:  Who is your new favorite brother-in-law?

A:  Frank.  Welcome to the family, Frank.  We'll try not to be too overwhelming.



No comments:

Post a Comment